Forensic Psychiatrist Expert Witnesses
MEWA’s Forensic Psychiatry Experts are able to provide psychiatric reports for criminal cases. We can assess fitness to plead instructions, sanity at the time of offence, fitness for prison, and vulnerable witnesses, whilst providing expert witness services. We can also offer specialist forensic psychiatric assessments. Our forensic psychiatry experts assist the court by providing an in-depth understanding of offending and criminality, risks of reoffending and the most effective interventions to reduce recidivism. Our experts can prepare reports for mental health review tribunals, parole board hearings for mentally disordered offenders, and sex offenders detained under the Mental Health Act.
MEWA’s Forensic Psychiatry Experts have in-depth experience of working in high, medium, and low forensic services and are able to offer rigorous, evidence-based assessments giving clear, independent and objective evidence to the court or tribunal in a timely manner.
Our forensic psychiatry expert witnesses can offer the following:
- Assessments of fitness to plead, ability to stand trial and capacity to instruct
- Diminished Responsibility
- The McNaughton Rules
- Defence of Insanity
- Assessment of the accused in murder and manslaughter cases
- Assessment of a criminal’s risk of reoffending
- Recommendations for intervention or treatment in the community
- Reports for parole board and complex mental health review tribunals and recommendation related to Section 37/41, 47/49 and hospital orders
- Undertaking forensic and sex offender risk assessments
- Recommendations as to the level of supervision either in secure or community settings
- Identify a client’s needs in the transition to community care
- Recommendations on community treatment and intervention
- Establishing the criteria of CTO, MHA & MCA has or has not been met, along with treatment recommendations
- Recommendations regarding mental health treatment requirements
Why Choose Us for Your Forensic Psychiatry Expert Witness?
- Access to pre-eminent 2,500+ psychiatry experts across all specialisms of psychiatry
- Full UK & Ireland coverage
- Free medicolegal screening and advice to legal professionals
- Urgent reports in 2-5 days
- Quick appointments and fast delivery of reports (2-3 weeks) as standard
- Our child & family psychiatry experts have excellent local knowledge, working across Europe, South Asian Countries, Africa and the Middle East
- Multilingual psychiatry experts
- Male and female psychiatry experts
- Affordable and cost effective psychiatry experts
Thank you. We were pleased with the speed and quality of the report and response to initial instructions.
Thank you for preparing the report for our client. The client was pleased with the content of the report and the preparation time. Overall, very pleased with your service and would definitely use it again as well as recommend it to other solicitors.
Thank so much Dr S’s report in matter which is extremely helpful