Forensic Psychology Expert Witnesses
MEWA’s Forensic Psychology Expert Witnesses are able to assist the court by providing an in-depth understanding of offending and criminality, risks of reoffending and the most effective interventions to reduce recidivism. Our forensic psychologists can provide independent psychology reports for clients subject to parole board hearings and detention under the Mental Health Act.
Our forensic psychology experts have in-depth experience of working in high, medium and low forensic services and are able to offer rigorous, evidence-based assessments giving clear, independent and objective evidence to the court or tribunal in a timely manner.
Our forensic psychology expert witnesses can offer the following:
- Psychological assessments of offenders
- Assessments of a criminal’s risk of reoffending
- Recommendations for intervention or treatment in the community
- Reports for parole board and complex mental health review tribunals
- Diagnostic assessment of severe mental health or personality disorder
- Forensic and sex offender risk assessments
- Assessments of fitness to plead and capacity to instruct
- Assessments of testimony including suggestibility, compliance and false confession
- Analysis of witness testimony, suggestibility or false confessions
- Cognitive assessments of mental capacity within the Mental Capacity Act
- Advise on the appropriateness of medical or psychological treatment
- Recommendations as to the level of supervision either in secure or community settings
- Identify a client’s needs in the transition to community care
- Recommendations for community treatment and intervention
- Establishig whether criteria of MHA & MCA has or has not been met, along with treatment recommendations
- Psychological diagnoses and prognosis for change
- Reports for parole board hearings for mentally disordered offenders and sex offenders detained under the Mental Health Act
Why Choose Us for Your Forensic Psychology Expert Witness?
- Access to pre-eminent 2,500+ psychology experts across all specialisms of psychology
- Full UK & Ireland coverage
- Free medicolegal screening and advice to legal professionals
- Urgent reports in 2-5 days
- Quick appointments and fast delivery of reports (2-3 weeks) as standard
- Our child & family psychology experts have excellent local knowledge, working across Europe, South Asian Countries, Africa and the Middle East
- Multilingual psychology experts
- Male and female psychology experts
- Affordable and cost effective psychology experts
Thank you. We were pleased with the speed and quality of the report and response to initial instructions.
Thank you for preparing the report for our client. The client was pleased with the content of the report and the preparation time. Overall, very pleased with your service and would definitely use it again as well as recommend it to other solicitors.
Thank so much Dr S’s report in matter which is extremely helpful